Friday, April 23, 2010

Trifecta!!

It is a rare day when something I see, or hear doesn’t remind me in some way of my dad. It could be something as simple as the warm sun on my skin, the breeze in the air, the start of baseball season, even something funny or lame as the dude or dudette that can’t figure out how to merge onto the freeway to save his/her soul! (you all know the person I’m talking about) ;o)

This brings me to why I am writing this post, it is something my dad used to say to me when I was a young girl… He would say to me “Now Honey, all I want is for you to be happy, and I want you to find someone who loves you just as much as you love them… and for god sakes child; if you learn nothing else in life, learn how to merge!”

Some of you that read this never had the pleasure of knowing my dad but you would have gotten a kick out of him... he was loving, funny, and one of the most genuine, larger than life personalities you had ever met.

I like to think that I get a lot of my quirkiness from him, such as my all time hatred for stickiness (oh yes, thanks to my Dads sweet tooth!) my curly hair, and my sarchastic sense of humor...or so my mom says. Ha ha ha! This makes me laugh to no end.
So even now that he is gone, he is still with me everyday!!

Well dad, your little girl has hit the trifecta... she is damn happy, she is loved just as much as she loves, and she can merge like a fricken mad woman!


Love you Dad!!!

No comments: